Comment after annotation - feature missing

Alexander Polte

Sep 6, 2023, 8:42:04 AM9/6/23
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

in the past there was the possibility for annotators to leave a comment
after they finished their annotation. We made quite efficient use of
this feature, but some while ago it disappeared. I was trying to find a
possibility to enable it in the settings, but without success. Also
searching the documentation for "comment" didn't bring me further.

Thus I would like to ask: How can I re-enable the comment function after
finishing annotation? Was the feature removed by intention? Will it come
back?

The current installation is: INCEpTION -- 29.0 (2023-08-08 14:34:53,
build 86d5bbd2

Thank you very in advance!

Best regards,

Alexander Polte

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Sep 6, 2023, 4:14:57 PM9/6/23
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Hi

> On 6. Sep 2023, at 14:40, Alexander Polte <alexand...@uni-bremen.de> wrote:
>
> Thus I would like to ask: How can I re-enable the comment function after finishing annotation? Was the feature removed by intention? Will it come back?

the feature is still there. However, if the option "Allow annotators to re-open a document" in the workload settings is enabled, then the dialog is suppressed.

To bring the dialog with the comment functionality back, you need to go to the workload tab in the project settings, disable the setting "Allow annotators to re-open a document" and save the settings. When you now log in as an annotator and mark a document to be finished, the dialog with the comment option will appear.

Note that curators can always (re)-open documents, so if your use has a curator role, the dialog will not appear - make sure that the user has only the annotator role.

Does that work for you?
Do you have a use-case where the dialog should always appear?

Cheers,

-- Richard