PDF annotation issues

瀏覽次數:12 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Shweta N

未讀,
2022年4月13日 清晨5:27:112022/4/13
收件者:inception-users
Hi,

We are annotating PDF files using Inception 22.2. While doing this we face below issues.

1. For some Pdfs few pages are not loading in inception(though I can see all thouse pages while opening the doc with acrobat reader)
2.For few Pdf's annotations are not visible in UI though annotations can be seen in exported file.

We need your support to understand and resolve these issues.

Thanks,
Shweta

Richard Eckart de Castilho

未讀,
2022年4月14日 上午10:44:172022/4/14
收件者:inception-users
Hi Shweta,

> On 13. Apr 2022, at 11:27, Shweta N <ns.shw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1. For some Pdfs few pages are not loading in inception(though I can see all thouse pages while opening the doc with acrobat reader)

Possibly the version of PDF.js that is used by INCEpTION does not support these PDFs - we are currently stuck on an older version of PDF.js but hopefully will find the time in the future to upgrade. No time table for the upgrade though.

> 2.For few Pdf's annotations are not visible in UI though annotations can be seen in exported file.

Anchoring annotations on PDF is a bit tricky and fails in some cases. In such cases, you might have an annotation in the export but not in the PDF view. You should be able to see those annotations e.g. in the brat view. If you can provide the PDFs and the annotations, it would be interesting to look into these cases to figure out what exactly is going wrong and if/how it might be fixed.

Best,

-- Richard
回覆所有人
回覆作者