Export of a project

Alex Beger

Apr 19, 2022, 7:49:32 AM4/19/22
to inception-users
Hey there,

I have a brief question regarding the export of a project. I exported my project and send it to a colleague of mine, but she (and me) is unable to re import the project again. The error tells me: "Error importing project: IOException: ZIP file is not a WebAnno project archive".

Is there a trick on how to avoid getting this error?

Many thanks in advance,
Alex

INCEpTION.jpeg

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Apr 19, 2022, 1:15:28 PM4/19/22
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

> On 19. Apr 2022, at 13:49, Alex Beger <abe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a brief question regarding the export of a project. I exported my project and send it to a colleague of mine, but she (and me) is unable to re import the project again. The error tells me: "Error importing project: IOException: ZIP file is not a WebAnno project archive".
>
> Is there a trick on how to avoid getting this error?

Some browsers automatically extract ZIP files into a folder after the download. Zipping this folder and trying to re-import it into the application will generally not work because the process introduces an additional folder level within the archive. The best option is to disable the automatic extraction in your browser. E.g. in Safari, go to Preferences → General and disable the setting Open "safe" files after downloading.

See also: https://inception-project.github.io/releases/23.2/docs/user-guide.html#sect_projects_export

Best,

-- Richard

Alex Beger