Duplicate detection

Michael Hagmann

Feb 19, 2021, 7:31:12 AM2/19/21
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

is there a way to detect duplicates when importing new citations (from
PubMed, Google Scholar etc.) into INCEpTION? Often the same publications
are found in different databases and/or with different search queries.
Also, the different databases often have differences in metadata (e.g.
PMID, DOI or ISSN is different or missing). Under these circumstances,
is it possible to detect such duplicates when importing into INCEpTION?

Best,
Michael

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Feb 22, 2021, 2:52:17 AM2/22/21
to inception-users
Hi Michael,

when importing from an external repository, INCEpTION compares the "name" of the imported document to the name offered by the repository. That "name" is usually an ID rather than a name.

However, there is no content-based deduplication.

-- Richard

Michael Hagmann

Feb 22, 2021, 7:05:20 AM2/22/21
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

thanks for clearing. So I hope the name (ID) is sufficient in our case.
Maybe we have to create distinct document names as a workaround.

Best,
Michael