PDF annotation does not work at all

Santiago Cabrera

Apr 21, 2022, 6:43:29 AM4/21/22
to inception-users
Hello,

I just downloaded version 23.2, and cannot create any annotations or view old annotations in any of the PDF documents that I have, both from new projects and old projects.

Is is possible to download a previous version to work with in the meanwhile?

Many thanks for your amazing work!
Santi

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Apr 21, 2022, 6:59:06 AM4/21/22
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> On 21. Apr 2022, at 12:43, Santiago Cabrera <son...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just downloaded version 23.2, and cannot create any annotations or view old annotations in any of the PDF documents that I have, both from new projects and old projects.
>
> Is is possible to download a previous version to work with in the meanwhile?

You can try going back to 23.1 if that worked for you.

Can you provide some example PDF that does not work to help debugging and fix the issue?

-- Richard

Santiago Cabrera

Apr 21, 2022, 9:22:23 AM4/21/22
to inception-users
Yes, I attach an example pdf here.

Could I ask for a link to download version 23.1? I cannot find it in the main website.

Thank you so much for your quick response!
Santi

Boletin Oficial de Cantabria Extraordinario Núm. 1 30-01-2019.pdf

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Apr 21, 2022, 9:40:49 AM4/21/22
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> On 21. Apr 2022, at 15:22, Santiago Cabrera <son...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could I ask for a link to download version 23.1? I cannot find it in the main website.

You can find all past releases here:

https://github.com/inception-project/inception/releases (may have to scroll a bit down or
even switch to later "pages" at the bottom of the page if you are looking for something
way older.

Here is a direct link to 23.1:

https://github.com/inception-project/inception/releases/tag/inception-23.1

What is the last version you used successfully before your recent upgrade?

-- Richard

Santiago Cabrera

Apr 21, 2022, 10:34:16 AM4/21/22
to inception-users
Amazing! Thank you very much. The last version we used succesfully was 21.0.1

I tried 23.1 now and it also works with my pdfs. Thank you very much!

Santi