Getting Release

Yavuz Selim Kartal

Feb 23, 2022, 11:19:38 AM2/23/22
to inception-users
Hi inception team,

I am very new at inception. I wanted to make some modification and get a release of executable jar. While getting the release I run  release:prepare  and get the following error:
[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin:3.0.1:sign (sign-artifacts) on project inception: Execution sign-artifacts of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin:3.0.1:sign failed: Cannot invoke "org.apache.maven.plugins.gpg.GpgVersion.toString()" because "gpgVersion" is null -> [Help 1]

May be it is a minor issue but looking for solution for couple of hours and couldnt find similar issues on github. I will use the release for my specific purposes so how to ignore this step also could work. Thanks in advance

Best,
Yavuz

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Feb 23, 2022, 1:31:45 PM2/23/22
to inception-users
Hi,

> On 23. Feb 2022, at 17:19, Yavuz Selim Kartal <yskar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> May be it is a minor issue but looking for solution for couple of hours and couldnt find similar issues on github. I will use the release for my specific purposes so how to ignore this step also could work. Thanks in advance

You should be able to disable the gpg Maven plugin during a release by adding `-Dgpg.skip -Darguments="-Dgpg.skip"`
or globally by adding `<gpg.skip>true</gpg.skip>` to the properties section of the top-level POM.

Did you actually modify the code or did you extend it via one of the extension points?
Optimally, you don't change the original INCEpTION code but only add new modules and
work on them.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Sergey Korol

May 9, 2022, 2:42:33 PM5/9/22
to inception-users
Faced the same issue. It's quite confusing. But the fix is quite trivial: just install and configure GPG. You may also face a bunch of other errors while signing. But they can be easily googled.

Regards,
Sergey