Remote API status

Daniel Fischer

Nov 3, 2021, 11:25:16 AM11/3/21
to inception-users

Hi All,

New Inception user here. I've successfully started using the Remote API using the instructions found here https://inception-project.github.io/releases/21.1/docs/admin-guide.html#sect_remote_api. No problems there.

However, when I was looking through a different part of the documentation, I noticed this description of ROLE_REMOTE, which is the role you need to use the API:

ROLE_REMOTE: Remote API access. Currently experimental and undocumented. Do not use.

My question: is the Remote API still experimental and unsafe to use? Looking through issues and past conversations, it seems like a popular feature that's used by a lot of people. Is it just an outdated description? If not, would like to get a better idea of why exactly it shouldn't be used.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Nov 3, 2021, 11:35:33 AM11/3/21
to inception-users
Hi,

> On 3. Nov 2021, at 16:25, Daniel Fischer <d.fisc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ROLE_REMOTE: Remote API access. Currently experimental and undocumented. Do not use.
>
> See here https://inception-project.github.io/releases/21.1/docs/user-guide.html#sect_users
>
> My question: is the Remote API still experimental and unsafe to use? Looking through issues and past conversations, it seems like a popular feature that's used by a lot of people. Is it just an outdated description? If not, would like to get a better idea of why exactly it shouldn't be used.

Yeah, I think the warning is a bit outdated :) Thanks for notifying - I'll remove that warning.

Cheers,

-- Richard