[inception-users] INCEpTION 24.2

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Sep 6, 2022, 11:00:57 AM9/6/22
to inception-users

INCEpTION 24.2

We are pleased to announce the release of INCEpTION 24.2.

INCEpTION is an extensible web-based collaborative environment for text annotation. It integrates machine-learning-basyed annotation support, knowledge base management and corpus building into a single comprehensive platform.

This is a bug fix release.

What's Changed

  • 🦟 #3306 - Rendering chain annotations is broken by @reckart in #3308
  • 🦟 #3307 - Deleting a chain link deletes the previous span as well by @reckart in #3309
  • 🦟 #3310 - Trying to add root concepts adds additional search properties instead by @reckart in #3311
  • 🦟 #3242 - Tag not saved when moving to next tag by @reckart in #3316
  • 🦟 #3333 - Error in error page template by @reckart in #3334
  • 🦟 #3335 - Hiding rejected suggestions wrongly leaks into other documents by @reckart in #3337
  • 🦟 #3187 - Active learning fails to jump on suggestions without feature values by @reckart in #3191
  • 🩹 #3317 - Update dependencies (24.2) by @reckart in #3336, #3318

Full Changelog: inception-24.1...inception-24.2

Also thanks to all issue reporters, beta testers, feature suggesters, and users!

Download

The new version can be downloaded from our website [3].

Important upgrade notes

Please check the upgrade notes [8]

An in-place upgrade from INCEpTION 24.1 to 24.2 is possible.

Back up your data before the upgrade [4].

If you upgrade from a version older than 24.0, please check the release notes for INCEpTION 24.0 [7].

Publication

An overview of INCEpTION can be found in

Klie, J.-C., Bugert, M., Boullosa, B., Eckart de Castilho, R. and Gurevych, I. (2018):
The INCEpTION Platform: Machine-Assisted and Knowledge-Oriented Interactive Annotation.
In Proceedings of System Demonstrations of the 27th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2018), Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA

PDF and BibTeX as well as more publications on specific features are
available from our website [5].

License and System requirements

INCEpTION is provided as open source software under the Apache License version 2.

Running INCEpTION requires Java version 11 or higher.

By default, INCEpTION uses an embedded database which is sufficient for testing. However, the use of a MariaDB database is recommended.

INCEpTION works best with Chrome and Safari.

-- The INCEpTION developer team