[inception-users] INCEpTION 0.19.0

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Mar 18, 2021, 4:40:19 AM3/18/21
to inception-users
We are pleased to announce the release of INCEpTION 0.19.0.

INCEpTION is an extensible web-based collaborative environment
for text annotation. It integrates machine-learning-based annotation
support, knowledge base management and corpus building into
a single comprehensive platform.

This is a feature release.

### Notable changes since INCEpTION 0.18.3

* ⭐️ Added soft-wrapping display mode for documents with long sentences and no line breaks
* ⭐️ Added case-insensitive matching option to string matching recommender
* ⭐️ Added ability to address settings pages by URL
* ⭐️ Added export of string matcher models from the recommender sidebar
* ⭐️ Added ability to import these models again as a gazeteer
* ⭐️ Added confidence threshold setting in the recommender sidebar
* ⭐️ Added ability to choose training data source in recommender evaluation simulation
* ⭐️ Added ability to change the annotation document state via the remote API
* ⭐️ Added ability to explicitly set an expiry date for invite links
* ⭐️ Added a boot page indicating that the application is in the process of starting up
* ⭐️ Improved monitoring page: fast, bulk operations, sorting, etc.
* ⭐️ Improved URLs used to open documents in the annotation editor
* ⭐️ Improved installation documentation
* ⭐️ Improved recommender evaluation simulation page
* ⭐️ Improved project settings UI
* ⭐️ Improved level of detail for some events written to the event log
* 🧪 Added experimental git-based versioning for annotation data
* 🦟 Fixed HTML annotation editor to allow HTML documents containing a header
* 🦟 Fixed bug leading to dangling relations when deleting a span to which relations attach
* 🦟 Fixed merging of relations and slots during curation
* 🦟 Fixed merging of relation in curation when another relation has the same target
* 🦟 Fixed merging via curation sidebar if username contains a special characters
* 🦟 Fixed "dynamic" and "static pastel" coloring settings
* 🦟 Fixed accepting a suggesting overriding an existing annotation instead of adding a new one when stacking is enabled
* 🦟 Fixed error when trying to add a user with the "hide users" setting enabled
* 🦟 Fixed bug that CAS doctor could not repair documents
* 🦟 Fixed problems related to DBpedia support
* 🦟 Fixed problems related to Yago 4 support
* 🦟 Fixed issue that new internal KBs start without FTS being enabled

If you discover problems with this release, please report them to us via our issue tracker [2].

Contributors to this release since 0.18.3: @reckart, @UWinch, @jcklie

Also thanks to all issue reporters, beta testers, feature suggesters, and users!

### Download

The new version can be downloaded from our website [3].

### Important upgrade notes

An in-place upgrade from INCEpTION 0.18.3 to 0.19.0 for deployment is possible.

Back up your data before the upgrade [4].

### Publication

An overview of INCEpTION can be found in

>Klie, J.-C., Bugert, M., Boullosa, B., Eckart de Castilho, R. and Gurevych, I. (2018):
The INCEpTION Platform: Machine-Assisted and Knowledge-Oriented Interactive Annotation.
In Proceedings of System Demonstrations of the 27th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2018), Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA

PDF and BibTeX as well as more publications on specific features are
available from our website [5].

### License and System requirements

INCEpTION is provided as open source software under the Apache License version 2.

Running INCEpTION requires **Java version 11** or higher.

By default, INCEpTION uses an embedded database which is sufficient for testing. However, the use of a MariaDB database is recommended.

INCEpTION works best with Chrome and Safari.

-- The INCEpTION developer team

[1] https://github.com/inception-project/inception/issues?q=milestone%3A0.19.0
[2] https://github.com/inception-project/inception/issues
[3] https://inception-project.github.io/downloads/