Importing and Exporting a project (XMI 1.0)

Ira Teh

Apr 25, 2022, 6:17:04 AM4/25/22
to inception-users
Hi INCEpTION team,

I have annotated a particular document, and have exported it as a XMI 1.0 format. I tried to re-import this particular document into INCEpTION, hoping that the annotations that I had done earlier would be saved onto the document but it was not. Any way I could get the annotations to "stick" with the document? Please advise and many thanks for your help!

Regards,
Ira

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Apr 25, 2022, 6:24:35 AM4/25/22
to inception-users
Hi,

> On 25. Apr 2022, at 12:17, Ira Teh <irat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have annotated a particular document, and have exported it as a XMI 1.0 format. I tried to re-import this particular document into INCEpTION, hoping that the annotations that I had done earlier would be saved onto the document but it was not. Any way I could get the annotations to "stick" with the document? Please advise and many thanks for your help!

If you import the XMI under a different name into the same project you had originally exported it from, you should be able to see the annotations.

If you want to import it into a different project, the project first needs to be set up with the annotation layers that the original project had.

-- Richard