Json format changed in Inception 24.0

raman ratnakar

Aug 17, 2022, 11:55:03 AM8/17/22
to inception-users
Hello,

We have developed python script based on  UIMA CAS JSON exported format and was able to retrieve relevant data from extracted json.
With new Inception 24.0, this  UIMA CAS JSON exported format has changed to  UIMA CAS JSON 0.4.0(experimental) and the structure of exported json has also changed resulting in python script not usable to retrieve relevant data.
Could you please help us with any ways through which we can export the curated annotation in old  UIMA CAS JSON format so that we can keep using existing python script?

Thanks & Regards,
Raman

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Aug 17, 2022, 11:56:59 AM8/17/22
to inception-users
Hi,

> On 17. Aug 2022, at 17:55, raman ratnakar <ramanra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could you please help us with any ways through which we can export the curated annotation in old UIMA CAS JSON format so that we can keep using existing python script?

Please check the release notes:

https://github.com/inception-project/inception/releases/tag/inception-24.0

There it says:

• The UIMA CAS JSON format has switched to a new implementation/format and can now not only be exported but also imported. If you rely on being able to export the old format, you have to re-enable it by adding ui.json-cas-legacy.enabled=true.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Aug 17, 2022, 11:58:48 AM8/17/22
to inception-users

raman ratnakar

Aug 19, 2022, 6:26:40 AM8/19/22
to inception-users
Thank you Dr, Richard,
by adding the  ui.json-cas-legacy.enabled=true in settings file, we are able to export the curated files in  UIMA CAS JSON format.

Thanks,
Raman