Export format JSON

Jan Matti Dollbaum

Sep 7, 2022, 12:26:32 PM9/7/22
to incepti...@googlegroups.com

Dear Richard,

we have so far been working with projects that we exported in JSON. When trying to export a project today, I noticed that the old JSON format was no longer available, instead there is a JSON format called “0.4.0 (experimental)”. Does this file type produce files with the same structure as previously?

Thanks!

Jan

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Sep 7, 2022, 12:29:29 PM9/7/22
to inception-users
Hi Jan,

> On 7. Sep 2022, at 18:26, Jan Matti Dollbaum <janmatti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> we have so far been working with projects that we exported in JSON. When trying to export a project today, I noticed that the old JSON format was no longer available, instead there is a JSON format called “0.4.0 (experimental)”. Does this file type produce files with the same structure as previously?

no, the new JSON format is better :) In particular, it can also be imported and not only exported. If you have the opportunity to migrate your workflows to the new format, it would be good.

In Python, dkpro-cassis also supports the new JSON format (not the old one).

Meanwhile, if you want to re-enable the old JSON format (while it still exists), you can do that with the setting `ui.json-cas-legacy.enabled=true` in the `settings.properties`.

Cheers,

-- Richard