First login: admin password does not work

Piroska Lendvai

Oct 7, 2021, 9:23:12 AM10/7/21
to inception-users
Dear All,

I installed INCEpTION locally on a mac, as well as Java 11.
I could start it from the command line  and got to the login screen (double click does not work, error message reports that wrong java version is used, possibly my java path should be better set).

The login credentials of 2x admin did not work out in any browser I tried :-(
I also did not see the Warning that no user accounts are found so admin was created.

Would appreciate a hint what could go wrong.
For details please see the attached screenshot and the below version info.

Many thanks,
best greetings,
Piroska

---
macOS: Catalina, version 10.15.7.
java: openjdk version "11.0.12" 2021-07-20

OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-11.0.12+7 (build 11.0.12+7)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-11.0.12+7 (build 11.0.12+7, mixed mode)

Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 15.09.03.png

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Oct 7, 2021, 9:33:22 AM10/7/21
to incepti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I installed INCEpTION locally on a mac, as well as Java 11.
> I could start it from the command line and got to the login screen (double click does not work, error message reports that wrong java version is used, possibly my java path should be better set).

Can you please try the admin password recovery:

https://inception-project.github.io/releases/20.4/docs/user-guide.html#_forgot_admin_password

Ah, I see there is a typo. Instead of "inception-app-webapp-20.4-standalone.jar.jar" use "inception-app-webapp-20.4-standalone.jar"
(adjust for the version that you are using). Note this does not work with versions older than 20.0.

Best,

-- Richard

Piroska Lendvai

Oct 7, 2021, 10:09:26 AM10/7/21
to inception-users
Thank you very much, Richard, it worked out!

(Forgot to mention that clearing the cache earlier had not remedied the login problem.)

Cheers,
Piroska