Building incanter from source

Eric Le Goff

Oct 2, 2015, 7:24:33 AM10/2/15
to inca...@googlegroups.com
I m probably doing something here (though I tried to follow steps from https://github.com/incanter/incanter/wiki#building-incanter
)

1 - Clone the master branch of incanter

2 - lein deps

=>Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-core:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-io:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-charts:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-mongodb:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-pdf:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-svg:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-latex:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-excel:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-sql:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
Could not find artifact incanter:incanter-zoo:jar:1.5.7-SNAPSHOT in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)
This could be due to a typo in :dependencies or network issues.

Actually I doubled checked and there is no such 1.5.7-SNAPSHOTS versions on clojars

Should I clone to a specif tag/branch rather than master  ?

Thanks.

Eric Le Goff

Oct 2, 2015, 8:09:32 AM10/2/15
to inca...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I'm replying to myself after I figured out a missing (undocumented) step in my previous process :

After cloning the repo, you have to run
script/install

And then the jars are placed into your local repo (and the 'lein deps' step does not try to fetch them from clojars

Then I faced a second issue :

script/repl script was not finding incanter.repl

Actually the following piece in script/repl did not work for me

[...]
for f in $TOP_DIR/target/incanter-*-standalone.jar; do
    if [ -f $f ]; then
CP="$CP:$f"
JAR_FOUND=1
    fi
done
[..]

Actually my $INCANTER_HOME/target/ folder contained only one file : incanter-1.5.7-SNAPSHOT.jar

The script was successful after I added  the following :

for f in $TOP_DIR/target/incanter-*-standalone.jar; do
    if [ -f $f ]; then
CP="$CP:$f"
JAR_FOUND=1
    fi
done

Then I got the expected message that 'lein uberjar' command had to be run
This 'lein uberjar' was indeed successful and my incanter repl is up and running

As a summary :

1-  the 'script/install' should be listed in the wiki "build incanter" section
2 - the script/repl script should make sure the actual incanter standalone jar is present before setting JAR_FOUND to 1

./eric