Discussing Incanter and its future at Clojure/Conj

Nils Blum-Oeste

Oct 18, 2015, 4:27:54 AM10/18/15
to Incanter
Hi,

I would like to ask if some Incanter contributors and maintainers will be at the Clojure/Conj next month (Nov 2015).
If so, I would like to suggest meeting there. I would be interested in talking about the current state of Incanter and
future development.

Would be really cool to meet in person.

Why I think such a meeting be good:

IMHO Incanter is moving very slowly. The 2.0 release seems to be kind of stuck. At least to me it's not visible that
anyone holds true ownership of Incanter and is driving it forward (No offense, please. Not blaming anyone, we are
all busy people, having to manage various priorities.)

There are a couple of issues I see in the current implementation and in the project's activity. Getting other people's
feedback on this would be great to see if and how we could address those.

So, would anyone else be at the Conj?

Cheers
Nils

Alex Ott

Oct 18, 2015, 2:18:19 PM10/18/15
to inca...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nils

Thank you for raising your concerns - this is really what I planned to discuss in the near future. I personally won't attend the Clojure/Conj, but let start discussion here, and maybe do the interactive discussion over Google Hangout, or something like.

I believe that Incanter has the potential for growth, and its community is able to do this. We have several very active participants (you Nils, Mike, Alexander, and other) - maybe it will be possible to build some kind of governance group for Incanter?

P.S. I don't have much free time to spend on the Incanter right now, plus and my open source contributions are in the "freezed state" as I need to get new open source approval from my employer. I could provide some contributions, but not too much, due the load on work...

--

---

With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
http://alexott.net/
Twitter: alexott_en (English), alexott (Russian)
Skype: alex.ott

Aleksandr Sorokoumov

Oct 24, 2015, 5:57:03 PM10/24/15
to Incanter
Hi Nils,

Unfortunately, I will not be at the Clojure/Conj, but I would like to join the discussion on pushing 2.0 release forward afterwards.

Best regards,
Aleksandr

Andrew Nguyen

Dec 29, 2015, 2:22:57 PM12/29/15
to Incanter
Was there any movement on this discussion?  I am quite interested in Incanter and might be able to dedicate some resources to using and improving Incanter.  However, I'd like to get a sense of the community and general roadmap before diving in too deeply.

Looking forward to learning more and discussing with someone(s)!

--Andrew