Interpolate Line Chart?

Travis Whitton

Dec 14, 2016, 11:51:42 AM12/14/16
to Incanter
Hello,

Simple question. Is there a way to interpolate the lines drawn on a line chart? I've figured out how to do this with an xy-plot, but I can't set the x-axis labels appropriately on that chart. In essence, I'm looking for text based labels on the x-axis ["week 1", "week 2", "week 3"] and smooth lines for the plot. How can this be accomplished?

Thanks,
Travis

greg r

Dec 15, 2016, 7:33:13 AM12/15/16
to Incanter
Hi Travis, it's been a long time since I've played with the Incanter (Jfree) charts, but I think what you want is a "categorical" type axis.

When I was using Incanter I spent a lot of time looking through the API:

Using Clojure's ability to access methods of an object-oriented API, you can cook up anything that is defined.
I created this repository many years ago:

Unfortunately I did not include a categorical style axis in the examples.
But you can get an idea on how to piece together a custom chart.

Regards,
Greg