Clear data from chart? Remove window via repl?

M A

Sep 11, 2016, 3:03:20 PM9/11/16
to Incanter
When I'm experimenting with data or with chart design, I routinely pop up one chart after another as I try different options from the repl.  Later, I have to remove them by click, click, clicking on the close-window controls from many chart windows.  (This is in OSX.  I'm guessing that JFree chart windows are similar in other OSes.)

Is there a function that will clear all data from a chart?  Then I could reuse the same chart object, re-adding what I want to see how it looks after changing parameters.

(Alternatively, does anyone know offhand how to delete a chart window from the repl?  I imagine this would use some sequence of Java commands to interact with some underlying JFree object.  I will admit that I have no interest in doing the kind of investigation that would be needed to figure this out.  My cursory experiments in this direction failed.)

Thanks-

M A

Sep 17, 2016, 12:19:19 AM9/17/16
to Incanter
I have figured out that this would involve JFree methods, maybe dispose(), but it's been difficult to figure out how to get a pointer to a JFree class that has a dispose() method.  (And I will probably not spend time learning enough about JFree to work this out.  Too many things to learn!)

路Ricardo M.

Sep 1, 2018, 7:39:58 PM9/1/18
to Incanter
Any update on this answer?