Suggestion: Open source InboxSDK again

Abby

Nov 15, 2021, 3:59:12 AM11/15/21
to InboxSDK
Hello Streak/InboxSDK team,

In light of recent event, I'd like to propose that you folks open source InboxSDK again.

I have read the reasoning behind why it was close sourced (to make sure every consumer gets up to date version ) and I do agree with decision to a certain extent. You can still keep the serving of SDK as such but make the code open source.

1- You'll have more developers fixing the critical bugs (remember Gmail UI changes from 2/3 weeks ago and how many developers were eager to offer help there?)

2- Fast bug fixes (several issues reported here on this very group without any replies), imagine other people facing same problems creating PR in matter of days instead of weeks.

3- New feature, speaking from experience, my team has created close to 40 polyfills (read functionality that we needed but was not included in inboxSDK). We could contribute to feature list as well.

I have mentioned in pervious threads before but my team will be more that happy to have a chat with your devs to discuss the possibilities.

Any thoughts on this?