Regional portals not back up from downtime ?

Chris Cheatle

Jan 4, 2018, 9:18:16 AM1/4/18
to iNaturalist
Just curious as I see the .org site running fine but still receiving a service unavailable error when trying to reach the .ca site which I normally use.

Thanks.

Scott Loarie

Jan 4, 2018, 10:43:23 AM1/4/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Seems fine to me http://inaturalist.ca/ can you provide more info?
Potentially related to
https://twitter.com/inaturalist/status/948740224594665474

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 6:18 AM, Chris Cheatle <cmch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious as I see the .org site running fine but still receiving a service unavailable error when trying to reach the .ca site which I normally use.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

Scott R. Loarie, Ph.D.
Co-director, iNaturalist.org
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Dr
San Francisco, CA 94118

Patrick Leary

Jan 4, 2018, 11:03:02 AM1/4/18
to iNaturalist
Our hosting company decided to do some more unplanned maintenance overnight that affected the regional portals. Everything should be back to normal right now. They have been fixing some serious security issues on their end, and unfortunately gave us little to no notice of the timing of the updates. See https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/securing-azure-customers-from-cpu-vulnerability/ for more info

Chris Cheatle

Jan 4, 2018, 11:26:43 AM1/4/18
to iNaturalist
yes, while down all morning it is back up now.

Thanks for the support.