Place: South Africa

瀏覽次數:117 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

tony rebelo

未讀,
2018年12月15日 上午10:58:222018/12/15
收件者:iNaturalist
Why does the Place "South Africa" country, include the country of Lesotho?

I am aware that a delegation of the South African defence force invaded Lesotho a few years back, but as I recall it it was just grandstanding, at no time has Lesotho ever been part of South Africa.

can this please be fixed.

The place "Lesotho" country - exists correctly.

ta

Carrie Seltzer

未讀,
2018年12月15日 下午1:51:482018/12/15
收件者:inatu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

Thanks for pointing out this clear mistake. Since it's a standard iNaturalist place, staff will have to fix it. I'll look into it this coming week.

Best,
Carrie

Carrie Seltzer
Stakeholder Engagement Strategist
iNaturalist
California Academy of Sciences

Note: I am based in Washington, DC (check local time for scheduling purposes)

Carrie Seltzer

未讀,
2018年12月18日 晚上8:59:462018/12/18
收件者:inatu...@googlegroups.com
South Africa now properly excludes Lesotho. https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=6986

Best,
Carrie

tony rebelo

未讀,
2018年12月20日 清晨5:11:202018/12/20
收件者:iNaturalist
Thanks

Юрий Данилевский

未讀,
2018年12月20日 清晨5:45:142018/12/20
收件者:inatu...@googlegroups.com
It would be nice to use TDWG Geographical code for iNat places to
abstract from politics.

>>> --
>>> Carrie Seltzer
>>> Stakeholder Engagement Strategist
>>> iNaturalist
>>> California Academy of Sciences
>>>
>>> Note: I am based in Washington, DC (check local time
>>> <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/washington-dc> for
>>> scheduling purposes)
>>>

>> --
>> Carrie Seltzer
>> Stakeholder Engagement Strategist
>> iNaturalist
>> California Academy of Sciences
>>
>> Note: I am based in Washington, DC (check local time
>> <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/washington-dc> for scheduling
>>
>> purposes)

Carrie Seltzer

未讀,
2018年12月20日 中午12:12:192018/12/20
收件者:inatu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuri,

It appears that the TDWG World Geographical Scheme for Recording Plant Distributions hasn't been updated in a while and is not currently maintained. You can read more about iNaturalist Standard Places here

Best,
Carrie
Note: I am based in Washington, DC (check local time for scheduling purposes)
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息