duplicating pictures in several observations

tony rebelo

Nov 18, 2018, 12:31:37 PM11/18/18
to iNaturalist
I often have pictures suitable for several observations: - e.g. showing the habit and habitat of several plants in several different observations.
Currently, there appears to be a way of sharing a picture between observations (other than by duplicating the observation, deleting the pictures of one species, and then adding the observations of another species - which is far too much of a schlep).

In the upload wizard is there a way of sharing a picture in a card with several observations?

It seems a waste of resources to load up the same picture several times, which is what I am doing at present.

If the upload wizard is clever enough to realize when a picture is being loaded twice, it does  not appear to indicate this on the wizard, with the pictures apparently being loaded again.

Of course, if server space is not an issue, then I can reload the pictures without any piques of conscience ...