Berberis aquifolium (Oregon Grape) displayed as introduced in Oregon?

philipp...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2019, 1:24:36 AM3/10/19
to iNaturalist
Hello,

Why would Berberis aquifolium (Oregon Grape) displayed as introduced in Astoria Oregon? It is the the state plant. It is well within it's range.

Thanks, I love iNaturalist!

Philipp

Tom Wainwright

Mar 10, 2019, 3:48:44 PM3/10/19
to iNaturalist
Hi,

I tried to get that corrected last year. Apparently, someone marked it as introduced for the entire US, which got propagated to all the subunits of the US. The status is set in the checklists for various "places", and i got it corrected for 2 places: Oregon and United States, but that doesn't seem to propagate down to county checklists, which all still have it listed as "introduced" still. I'll pursue this on the new Discourse iNaturalist forum (https://forum.inaturalist.org/)

  Tom Wainwright

Tom Wainwright

Mar 11, 2019, 12:50:30 PM3/11/19
to iNaturalist