I lose track of new notifications

babb...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2019, 12:01:06 PM2/7/19
to iNaturalist
When I log in, there is frequently a list of updates to observations I've added, IDed, or followed (Speech bubble icon top right corner). I scroll down to see the pop-up description. If I see one that interests me and click on it, I am taken to the link but when I return to the main page the list has been reset and any notifications I missed are gone (except for the first 10, which I've usually reviewed by then). It offers a link to go to Dashboard, but I can't see anywhere there to resume the new notifications string.

My workaround has been to right-click and open in a new tab, but sometimes my fingers get tangled and I accidentally click a link, losing the list.

Can this Inbox pop out to a new tab, get a distinct link on the Dashboard, or simply remain intact until I have reviewed the full list?

paloma

Feb 7, 2019, 1:19:26 PM2/7/19
to iNaturalist

Mark Tutty

Feb 7, 2019, 1:54:22 PM2/7/19
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
This has been raised as a problem before, and I think the developers are looking into it. Personally, can't wait for the improvement on this, as it is the most annoying thing on the site (in my opinion of course), especially when you get upward of 30+ alerts at a time.

paloma

Feb 7, 2019, 2:07:14 PM2/7/19
to iNaturalist
In the meantime, unfollowing obersations at the time you ID them helps: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/inaturalist/edanko$20explicit/inaturalist/JLIR0cM5Ofw/0Nz5KHMqCQAJ