Taxonomy framework relationship and About more info links

Chris Cheatle

Feb 4, 2019, 10:14:46 AM2/4/19
to iNaturalist
I'm curious if it is possible to create a link between these so that when one is entered, the other gets created as well.

For instance when curating species requests, if it is from something we have a defined reference for, I always try to add the link to the source in the About more info links section. It would be nice if by doing so it automatically populated the taxonomy detail relationship.

In looking, not too deep I admit, it seems like some areas the taxpnomy details relationship is added automatically. For example fish, unless someone has manually populated those. I'm guessing it is because the url of the reference at fishbase can be built knowing the species name, but in other cases such as plants, the same is not true at POWO.

The more info links may also be a place where some taxa relationships can be mined from and used as a source if they are already present in the database.