Best Way to Sort Taxon Photos Taxonomically

Upupa epops

Jan 11, 2019, 7:02:19 PM1/11/19
to iNaturalist
I would like to be able to have a list of the default taxon photos for all the hoverflies of North America, to help me identify them, and I'd like to have it sorted taxonomically so species in the same genus and similar genera will automatically be beside each other.

Using the species list on the Observation page and sorting the species taxonomically would be the best solution, because it has bigger images than the Lists feature and fewer distracting details:
However, I know this is planned and can't be done at the moment (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/inaturalist/kw7V3jscV5M/UwdqngFIFwAJ).

My next attempt was to try to make a list for North America and somehow automatically include all Syrphidae species observed in North America, since that can sort taxonomically. I succeeded in making a list for North America, but can't figure how to add all the species quickly, considering I don't have a pre-made list to paste in. I feel like I'm probably missing something easy, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I also tried making a Guide, but as far as I can tell I can only sort that alphabetically and by "guide order" (what does that mean?): https://www.inaturalist.org/guides/8935

Is there a way to do what I want?