Importing photos from eol for Guides

Ruth Ripley (ripleyrm)

Jan 31, 2019, 9:03:12 AM1/31/19
to iNaturalist
When I edit a guide and try to import photos, the search on the eol tab never finds anything, even for common species. It used to work, and the existing imports still work, but I cannot find new ones.

Chris Cheatle

Jan 31, 2019, 9:08:36 AM1/31/19
to iNaturalist
Some time ago, EOL changed the structure of their site. Given that the site considers guides to be a failed experiment that they don't allocate resources to working on, it is likely that change broke the existing code base to do the imports.

Ruth Ripley (ripleyrm)

Jan 31, 2019, 2:26:43 PM1/31/19
to iNaturalist
I guess that is what has happened. I was hoping it would be easy to fix.  I have been using guides to create simple feature based keys, but eol is the only source of images for many plants I want to include.