Easier now to donate to/support iNaturalist

car...@inaturalist.org

Dec 12, 2018, 1:52:50 AM12/12/18
to iNaturalist
Hi iNaturalist Google Group enthusiasts,

I know you like to have a heads up on new developments and appreciate hearing the context as well, so I wanted to let you know about the new donation page. Ever since iNaturalist joined the California Academy of Sciences in 2014, it has been theoretically possible to make a donation to iNaturalist, but the process wasn't exactly easy to navigate in a donation system designed more for museum ticketing. The last (and only) time iNaturalist had a year-end campaign was four years ago. Some of you have asked for an easier path and rightly pointed out that it would be prudent to facilitate donations to iNaturalist.

Especially given that history, we're pleased to share that it's now much easier to financially support iNaturalist, if you so choose. The donation form accepts multiple currencies and allows you to set up automatic recurring donations (very useful if you prefer to give regularly over time rather than one lump sum).

If you use iNaturalist.org (rather than one of the network sites), you may have noticed today that a "Support iNaturalist" button appeared in the footer of the site as well as email updates (if you receive them). You may also receive a specific email appeal later this week asking you to donate.

We hope you'll take a look and consider iNaturalist in your charitable giving plans for 2018 and beyond. Thanks!

Best,
Carrie Seltzer (iNaturalist staff)

Charlie Hohn

Dec 12, 2018, 8:04:58 AM12/12/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
i know this is new, but the little 'donor box' shows a sad face and doesn't work.

Anyhow, good idea!

============================
Charlie Hohn
Montpelier, Vermont

Carrie Seltzer

Dec 12, 2018, 12:28:22 PM12/12/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Charlie. It’s loading fine for me. Can you send me a screen shot and let me know if you’re using any browser extensions, like maybe ad blockers? Is anyone else unable to view the donation form?

Best,
Carrie

Charlie Hohn

Dec 12, 2018, 12:44:48 PM12/12/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
I am now at work (was at home before) and it is working. I will check it again when i get home and if it still isn't working i will let you know.

bouteloua

Dec 12, 2018, 5:09:12 PM12/12/18
to iNaturalist
Worked great for me, thanks for making this easier. And... thanks for everything!

cassi

Charlie Hohn

Dec 12, 2018, 6:05:33 PM12/12/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Update: it worked now. Not sure what was wrong last time but i bet it was my computer, not you. Glad you got that set up.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:09 PM bouteloua <cassi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Worked great for me, thanks for making this easier. And... thanks for everything!

cassi

Carrie Seltzer

Dec 12, 2018, 8:17:53 PM12/12/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, cassi and Charlie! Glad to hear it worked.

Best,
Carrie
Carrie Seltzer
Stakeholder Engagement Strategist
iNaturalist
California Academy of Sciences

Note: I am based in Washington, DC (check local time for scheduling purposes)

Yann Kemper

Dec 12, 2018, 8:19:43 PM12/12/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this ability, worked like a charm.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:52 AM <car...@inaturalist.org> wrote:

Carrie Seltzer

Dec 13, 2018, 9:23:57 AM12/13/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Yann, and all of our earliest supporters!