Deleted Account Recovery?

Chris Thawley

Jan 17, 2019, 10:29:24 AM1/17/19
to iNaturalist
Hello,

I help run a project (https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/lizards-on-the-loose-2018) that has classes in K-8 schools in the Miami area observing anole lizards. Because some students are younger, we've asked teachers to manage one account per class to avoid having identifiable personal info about students online. Students can log into the account to add observations which should be posted and monitored by the teacher. This has generally worked well.

However, one teacher emailed this morning to say that a student had (almost certainly intentionally) deleted the class's account which contained the work of all the students. The teacher was wondering if there is any way to recover deleted accounts. I couldn't find anything on here other than previous questions about how to deal with the issue of lost data when accounts are deleted. In this case, the account had almost 300 observations, unfortunately. I believe the account was "nautilus_sharks" though I can't verify that now as it's been deleted.

Thanks for any help possible (even if it's a definitive "There's nothing you can do."),

Chris