Taxa update and opt-out observations

Chris Cheatle

Jan 7, 2019, 10:33:25 AM1/7/19
to iNaturalist
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find the message nor remember the issue.

I applied a taxa update to correct a spelling error. Now a user who has opted-out of community ID's has had their records for the species downgraded to casual status after the change was processed and has messaged me to fix it.

What is needed to get it back out of casual status ?

bouteloua

Jan 7, 2019, 11:20:27 AM1/7/19
to iNaturalist
Prohably a bug, it's RG now.

Chris Cheatle

Jan 7, 2019, 11:29:42 AM1/7/19
to iNaturalist
Did anyone who read this do anything to it to change the status as the user still has 3 other records with the same issue that remain (as I write this) casual:

cassi saari

Jan 7, 2019, 11:35:03 AM1/7/19
to iNaturalist
Yeah, if you mark something in the DQA and unmark it, it "refreshes" the observation and changes it from casual to RG. But, that shouldn't be required.
You can probably just report legit bugs like this to he...@inaturalist.org rather than the Google Group.

cassi