Species totals not working for field filters (Bug)

tony rebelo

Oct 31, 2018, 2:39:20 AM10/31/18
to iNaturalist
Collections with filters using observations fields do not show the correct species totals.

(in both cases below the species total is for the default search area i.e. "southern Africa")

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?field:Obsolete:%20do%20not%20use%20!%20%20replace%20with%20Habitat%20(s%20Afr)

This collection has

120
OBSERVATIONS
24,217
SPECIES
50
IDENTIFIERS
5
OBSERVERS

or

9,262
OBSERVATIONS
24,217
SPECIES
184
IDENTIFIERS
8
OBSERVERS

Chris Vynbos

Oct 31, 2018, 1:08:16 PM10/31/18
to iNaturalist
What happens when you export the filtered obs? Does the CSV come out with a correct spp count?

tony rebelo

Nov 4, 2018, 2:56:09 PM11/4/18
to iNaturalist
The csv contains observations: it does not do species counts.  These species counts are impossible: how can 120 observations yield 22217 species?

Mark Tutty

Nov 4, 2018, 3:09:50 PM11/4/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com

I’m in NZ, so on a different regional setting. When I follow that link, my url becomes:

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?field:Obsolete:%20do%20not%20use%20!%20%20replace%20with%20Habitat%20(s%20Afr)

same as yours. It shows 0 obs and 0 species with NZ at centre. Then when I uncheck the New Zealand from the left hand side of that bar that shows the totals, my url changes to:

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any

and my totals get out of whack similar to what yours have done.

Could it be the use of a colon within the field name that you are filtering to?

cheers
Mark Tutty
kiwif...@gmail.com

tony rebelo

Nov 4, 2018, 3:47:45 PM11/4/18
to iNaturalist
Yes, when using observation fields in the filters, the url summaries of them often omit the fields.  Another bug!

Tony Iwane

Nov 12, 2018, 1:41:27 PM11/12/18
to iNaturalist
Hey Tony, Patrick took at look a these and they should be fixed now. Let us know if you are still seeing issues with them.

Tony Iwane

tony rebelo

Nov 12, 2018, 5:16:51 PM11/12/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Looking cool.  Many thanks for fixing these.