iNaturalist Stickers

car...@inaturalist.org

Aug 15, 2018, 4:24:19 PM8/15/18
to iNaturalist
Since Scott mentioned it in the thread on iNat-evangelizing, I thought I'd share more broadly the process by which people can order iNaturalist stickers at cost. This is something we're just trying out, so it is by no means a complete or final system, just what we have for now.

I want to apologize straight away to many of our international users, as this company only ships for free to the United States, Canada, and EU (see their international shipping FAQ here). This is also not great for anyone who wants just one sticker.

In short, we've created & ordered two kinds of iNaturalist logo stickers now (the bird and "iNaturalist") from StickerMule. This company makes it fairly easy for other people to order stickers we've designed on-demand, so we're starting to test this but unfortunately the minimum order size is 10 stickers.

Steps:
0. (Optional) Click this referral link to get $10 in StickerMule credit and give iNat $10 in credit when you make an order.
1. Follow this link to a saved cart with the stickers you can order. I've entered 40 and 40 because this seems to be the quantities at which it costs ~$1 per sticker. You can order as many or as few as you want, in quantities of 10. You also don't have to order both designs. The more you order, the lower the unit cost. Shipping within the US is included. Note: If this link isn't working for you, please comment as I think these "share cart" links may expire after some unknown period of time.
2. Check out & enter your shipping and payment information. As long as your subtotal is >$30, the $10 store credit (from step 0) should apply.

Best,
Carrie

emra...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2018, 5:06:33 PM8/19/18
to iNaturalist
Cool, thanks for setting this up, Carrie. Just ordered some stickers & excited to get them. I may try to figure out how to send some to people I've noticed doing lots of careful curation or adding lots of IDs, as a thank you.

Evan

Tait Sougstad

Aug 20, 2018, 2:19:57 PM8/20/18
to iNaturalist
I love these, Carrie. Like you said, not the best option for individuals, but I hope local naturalist clubs pick some of these up for local distribution.

Since I started botanizing my region, my daily commute has been way more interesting as I notice different species go to flower through the seasons. I've considered stopping on the interstate shoulder to get a picture of a new species! I never have, but it gave me the idea for a bumper sticker in the same vein of "THIS VEHICLE STOPS AT ALL RAILROAD CROSSINGS", except have a variety of rare and desirable finds for different regions. For me, it would be, "THIS VEHICLE STOPS AT ALL MARIPOSA LILIES", or Sandhill Cranes, or Curlycup Gumweed, etc. etc. Maybe have an outline or silhouette of the species on one side and the iNat logo on the other.

Just an idea :)

Tait

Charlie Hohn

Aug 20, 2018, 3:08:50 PM8/20/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
why stop? get someone else to drive and get blurry but still recognizable photos as you pass by. Like this: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/15455510

:)

============================
Charlie Hohn
Montpelier, Vermont

ellen hildebrandt

Aug 21, 2018, 11:12:43 AM8/21/18
to iNaturalist
Tait, i need that too.
I BRAKE FOR WEEDS, BUGS, AND INTERESTING ROADKILL

Derek Shiels

Aug 21, 2018, 12:48:04 PM8/21/18
to iNaturalist
Thanks Carrie, I just ordered some and it worked! -Derek

Carrie Seltzer

Aug 21, 2018, 4:34:29 PM8/21/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Fun ideas, Tait! I once saw one that said something like, "I brake for turtles, snakes, salamanders, frogs, and large leaves". I laughed a lot. Wish I'd gotten a photo of it! The stickers we made so far are a bit too small to be very good bumper stickers (I think).

Also, after corresponding with stickermule support, I think the cart link will expire after 1 week, so here's a new one that should last for next 7 days: https://www.stickermule.com/cart/39372cad8f2aa57a/share

If anyone wants to design their own stickers, you can get a set of custom sample stickers (10 for $9)

Best,
Carrie

Carrie Seltzer
Stakeholder Engagement Strategist
iNaturalist
California Academy of Sciences

Note: I am based in Washington, DC (check local time for scheduling purposes)

Evan Raskin

Aug 21, 2018, 5:47:48 PM8/21/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com

My old housemate had that bumper sticker that you mentioned, Carrie. Looks like CafePress has a wide selection of bumper stickers along the same lines (although not iNaturalist-branded, of course).

Carrie Seltzer

Nov 27, 2018, 9:23:29 AM11/27/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to let folks know that I just re-shared the Stickermule cart with someone so this new link should be good for a week if anyone wants to order iNaturalist stickers soon. Re-pasting the directions for convenience here:

1. Follow this link to a saved cart with the stickers you can order: https://www.stickermule.com/cart/c3b7d582705488c6/share. I've entered 40 and 40 because this seems to be the quantities at which it costs ~$1 per sticker. You can order as many or as few as you want, in quantities of 10. You also don't have to order both designs. The more you order, the lower the unit cost. Shipping within the US is included.
2. Check out & enter your shipping and payment information. As long as your subtotal is >$30, the $10 store credit (from step 0) should apply.

Best,
Carrie

Evan Raskin

Nov 27, 2018, 6:30:50 PM11/27/18
to inatu...@googlegroups.com

I got overexcited last time this came around and ordered way more stickers than I will ever use – if anyone would like a few, send me an email (emra...@gmail.com) and I’ll figure out a way to get them to you. Probably just a few dollars to cover the cost of the stickers and postage.