REQ : Minor change to taxa page

Chris Cheatle

Jan 17, 2019, 12:56:30 PM1/17/19
to iNaturalist
I'd like to request a minor change / addition be made to the taxa page. On the taxa page, under the Status section, data in the Establishment Means is only currently dsiplayed if something has been populated in the Establishment Means dropdown on the listed taxa page.

I'd like to request a toggle be added, that supports showing all records regardless of if they currently have data in that drop-down. Accessing and updating them from here is much faster than opening and finding the records on individual checklists, and having this option would make it much easier to populate the data.

If have no opinion on which way the default view should be (show all or current approach) or if it is sticky from page to page, I would just like an addition to support viewing all.

Currently I believe there is no option even if the establishment means is populated to view more than 100 entries, so a navigation to move through may be needed as well (or at least would certainly help).

Thx.

jdmore

Jan 17, 2019, 2:22:03 PM1/17/19
to iNaturalist
+1  Yes please!  On all counts!

jdmore

Jan 17, 2019, 2:25:06 PM1/17/19
to iNaturalist
And also, either display the places alphabetically, or provide a means to filter them based on place name.  Scrolling and paging through a random list to find a place checklist of interest becomes very inefficient with 100s or 1000s of entries, as exist for many of our widespread introduced species.