Install Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection

Susanne Sima

Jul 4, 2024, 9:06:40 AM (yesterday) Jul 4
to inadmisra

Most CS5 products come with separate installers for Acrobat 9 Professional. (The Acrobat installers are included in CS5.5. If you are installing CS5.5, skip this section.) If you already have Acrobat 9 Pro installed, either as part of a suite or as a stand-alone application, do not reinstall it. If you're an existing Acrobat 9 Pro user, download and install the most current updates. To check for updates, open Acrobat 9 Pro and choose Help > Check for Updates.

During a previous clean-install on a Windows 7 computer, I had the same problem. So I used the CC Cleaner at : -suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html. It said to first uninstall the Master Collection, then run the CC Cleaner. After I did that, I reinstalled and it worked. Yesterday I did a clean-install on the same computer and had the same problem. The whole suite installs except for Acrobat. I ran the CC Cleaner, but Acrobat did not install. So I decided to eradicate my computer of all Adobe content. I uninstalled the Master Collection and a few other applications that were installed at other points in the installation. I also manually deleted all Adobe folders I could find. I then tried to reinstall the Master Collection, but Acrobat would not install. So I'm stuck.

Setup and interface
The Web abounds with complaints about Adobe's installer and updater, and most are justified. Every Windows application installer suggests you close any running applications, but you can usually ignore it and 99 percent of the time everything works out fine. Adobe forces you to close your browser and all Microsoft Office applications, because many of the programs in the suite--primarily Acrobat--spread octopus-like tentacles throughout your working environment. That's pretty appalling in and of itself, but in addition to wasting a large chunk of time installing, you can't do anything else but play Solitaire while it's happening. And as before with the updater, you'll get to relive this delightful close-your-apps-or-else experience on a regular basis. Plus, the installation "progress" bar bears no relation to reality whatsoever, with its two steps forward and one step back movement.

When installing Adobe products you need to get the installer for the interlinked products individually. When working professionally, you need almost all the Adobe suites. To overcome this issue, Adobe launched a complete package known as Master collection with all the related products like DreamWeaver, Photoshop, After Effects, and Flash etc. This release contains all the Creative Suite 6 products. As Photoshop is a Professional Image Editing Suite, Dreamweaver for eye-catching websites, After Effects for editing videos and different other Adobe products.

It's no secret that designers and creative types tend to gravitate toward the Mac -- OS X is noted for its ease-of-use and that it "just works." It's also well known that Adobe makes most of the applications designers know and love, so why does Adobe's Creative Suite installer undermine the Mac's ease-of-use with the single worst application installer on the platform?

aa06259810