Tamil Dubbed Phobia Movies Free Download

Susanne Sima

Jul 4, 2024, 11:50:38 AM (21 hours ago) Jul 4
to inadmisra

In this article, we have gathered 17 movies about dealing with specific phobias. Some of them portray what it is like to have a specific phobia, while others try to give the audience the actual feeling that comes with a fear.

There are two phobias you should watch out for in this movie: claustrophobia and nyctophobia. The film will leave you gasping for air at first (while the actors go down a very tight and steep road), and then make you thirst for light (while they deal with the darkness).

Curious and bothered, he starts looking for answers to the murder. However, his claustrophobia gets in the way of his investigation. How is he going to solve the murder when his phobia is holding him back?

If you are a Stephen King fan, you have probably noticed that this list is full of films based on his books. King has long been the king of terror, and his books often depict phobias and intense psychological trauma and fear. One of his most popular books was also made into a successful movie: The Shining.

Phobia is a 2016 Indian psychological thriller film, directed by Pavan Kirpalani and produced by Viki Rajani. The film stars Radhika Apte in the leading role as Mehak, an artist suffering from severe agoraphobia. Produced jointly by Eros International and Next Gen Films, it was released on 27 May 2016.

Before the principal photography of the film began, Apte reportedly met doctors and patients to do research for her role in the film. She was in close contact with psychiatrists and neurosurgeons in order to understand the mental and biological aspect of a phobia. She met patients and observed them to understand their behavioural patterns.[11] Radhika said in a statement: "I'm in touch with doctors and they have shared valuable information with me about the subject. It has helped me get a deeper understanding of panic attacks."[12]

Apte said that she had prepared to get to the core of the character for the film. She had much material to both read and watch.[14] In an interview with Mid-Day, she spoke that her parents helped her prepare for the film. She revealed that she had turned to her surgeon parents for better understanding of the particular phobia.[15]

The marketing campaign was carried out by the lead actress Apte for the promotion of the film. She was seen in two shows on the small screen. The first is Girls on Top, where she revealed her biggest phobia. She was seen performing a song called "Darr" as a special guest. Radhika said, "It is extremely important for one to face their fears and live a bold life. As an actor we have to face many demons day after day and none of us want to fall in that pitfall but instead we want to fight them and continue rising."[18]

As the long running popularity of horror films attest, people enjoy a good scare. It can be the shared excitement, the cheap thrill, or the therapeutic release that accounts for at least some of the populism behind getting scared silly, but some films take pains to dig a little deeper and to uncover irrational and pathological frights that deeply affect a particular type of viewer. And so, with phobias at the forefront, the following list looks at some of the best examples of films that rattle at the fight-or-flight impulses in our anxiety-addled brains.

Another film that might exacerbate claustrophobia is the Ryan Reynolds movie, Buried. For most of the film's one hour and 35 minutes, we are trapped in a coffin-sized box with Reynolds as he desperately tries to escape.

Levendusky told ABCNews.com that he has treated phobias from fear of snow to fear of fish, and even to fear of butterflies. He defined a phobia as being afraid of something though conventional wisdom suggests there's no threat.

Dr. Fred Neuman, who directs the Anxiety and Phobia Treatment Center in White Plains, N.Y., said he's already heard from patients who said they're uncomfortable going to the movies. In fact, one patient told him he's afraid of seeing the new \"Batman\" movie in particular.

With that in mind, I set out once and for all to discover a) if there are other people out there like me, b) if my jump scare aversion is caused by some kind of phobia, and c) if there's any hope for me becoming braver so I no longer have to embarrass myself and my companions in public.

37-year-old writer Fiona Dodwell, meanwhile, has multiple things in common with my own experiences. She's a big horror fan, like me, and she also writes horror fiction, like me. But when it comes to horror movies, she still struggles.

"This might sound strange, given that I actually love horror so much and grew up with it, but when it comes to jump scares in movies, I'm a bit of a wimp," Dodwell said. "Most of the time, I have my hand over my eyes, peeking between my fingers, or I have a cushion at the ready. I find it almost unbearable if a film manages to make me this fearful, I feel almost desperate for the 'jump' to actually happen so I can relax again!"

"Easy. Not a phobia," responded Salkovskis. "Horror movies are meant to frighten and they do. Some people are more sensitive to that than others, like some people are taller than others and so on. Not a phobia."

Every day, millions of people live their lives in fear, suffering from one phobia or another. While some of them are rare, like arachibutyrophobia, which is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth, others are more common, and prevent people from doing simple things, like sticking their toes in the ocean.

For decades, the horror genre has played off our real-life phobias, exploiting them for profit, while scaring audiences half to death. Despite these phobias, though, that hasn't stopped us from going to the movies, either to try and overcome them, or to be frightened by what we see on screen. From classic hits, to recent blockbusters, let's take a look at 10 films that have utilized our fears to their advantage, making for some truly terrifying cinematic experiences.

No one knows how to play on our everyday fears like Stephen King. He's become the master of taking something unassuming, and turning it into our worst nightmare. For people with cynophobia, which is a fear of dogs, Cujo is a terrifying scenario that was brought to life thanks to Lewis Teague's adaptation of the King novel in 1983.

Though they are harmless, everyday flora to some, for those with botanophobia, the fear of plants is very real. Which is why the idea of being trapped atop a Mayan temple with a carnivorous vine makes Carter Smith's 2008 film, The Ruins, so terrifying.

While they might make nice pets for some people, those with ophidiophobia want nothing to do with snakes, thank you very much. They certainly don't want to think about the venomous reptiles while flying 30,000 feet in the air, either, which is what makes the 2006 cult hit, Snakes on a Plane, so deliciously horrifying.

Featuring pythons, corn snakes, rattlesnakes, mangrove snakes, and just about every other snake you can think of, Snakes on a Plane saw passengers of an unsuspecting flight completely mauled by the slithering creatures, thanks to a mob boss trying to prevent a witness from testifying against him. Unfortunately for him, Samuel L. Jackson was also on the flight, resulting in a comedic horror film that's sure to make even the most staunch snake lover cringe. For those with aerophobia, which is the fear of flying, Snakes on a Plane is a double whammy of terror that makes no apologies for its pure schlock. With the recent news of a cobra infiltrating a cockpit, we'll be keeping our feet on the ground for a while.

Those with an intense fear of the dark, or nyctophobia, will find The Descent disturbing enough, but when coupled with claustrophobia, it becomes an even more terrifying film that plays off our fears of tight spaces as well.

As if artificial intelligence taking our jobs wasn't scary enough, those with technophobia have even more to worry about by way of sentient dolls attacking our children. The recent horror hit, M3GAN, plays off those fears all too well, exploiting the dangers of AI to the point where living off the grid is starting to look pretty good.

While films like The Terminator, and I, Robothave been terrifying those with technophobia for years, M3GAN brings the horror home, literally, when a grieving child is given a prototype AI doll by her aunt. A prototype? Big red flag right there. When the doll becomes too overprotective of her human companion, all hell breaks loose in this film that makes Child's Play look like a Disney movie. Those with pediophobia, which is a fear of dolls, will find M3GAN equally disturbing, as Jenna Davis plays the part to perfection, causing us to rethink all those talking dolls we give to our kids.

Featuring the directorial debut of horror connoisseur, Eli Roth, Cabin Fever goes out of its way to make those with mysophobia feel as uncomfortable as possible. Playing on the intense fear of germs, the film features a group of college graduates falling victim to a flesh-eating virus at a remote cabin in the woods.

Though movies like Contagionexamine what an outbreak would look like on a global scale, Cabin Fever confines its epidemic to close quarters, offering up disgustingly brutal scenes that are not for the faint of heart. It's a full-throttle examination of paranoia and isolation that will make you want to take a Lysol bath when it's over. While it had an unnecessary remake in 2016, nothing will ever beat what the original did to petrify viewers upon its release.

Starring John Goodman, Jeff Daniels, and the late Julian Sands, the title of this one says it all. Exploiting the fear of spiders, Arachnophobia shows just how dangerous spiders can be, after they invade a California town, and run rampant over its inhabitants.

A throwback to creature features of yesteryear, Arachnophobia deals more in atmospheric scares than it does straight-up gore, with its more unsettling scenes broken up by the comedic efforts of Goodman to ease the tension. Those with a fear of spiders will find it deeply disturbing, as the climactic ending features enough close-ups to make your skin crawl, as if a hundred, eight-legged critters were dancing all over you.

aa06259810