Re: Member requesting to join INA Nonsuch Discussion Group

Joe Valinoti

Jun 23, 2024, 9:03:40 AM (13 days ago) Jun 23
to INA
daveashton53:  Welcome to the INA Nonsuch Discussion Group.  Note how we sign our posts with our name, type & name of boat along with where it lies.
Regards,
Joe Valinoti
S/V iL Gatto NS30U #221
Sea Harbour YC
Oriental, NC USA

~~~~~(\_ ~(\_ ~(\_~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2024 10:03 PM
Subject: Member requesting to join INA Nonsuch Discussion Group

Joe Valinoti

Jun 24, 2024, 4:37:36 PM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to INA Dis Grp
christianpastore41:  Welcome to the INA Nonsuch Discussion Group.  Congrats on your purchase.  Note how we sign our posts with a our name, including where the boat lives.  You may find a NS owner with the same boat nearby.
Regards,

Joe Valinoti
S/V iL Gatto NS30U #221
Sea Harbour YC
Oriental, NC USA

~~~~~(\_ ~(\_ ~(\_~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Monday, June 24, 2024 4:31 PM

Message from christian...@gmail.com

I just joined INA after buying a 1987 N22, no 47, currently named Magic Time but soon to be rechristened "OshKosh". The previous owner, Ron Weber, a former INA member, undertook what appears to me (with my admittedly limited knowledge) to be an excellent job of repowering from diesel to electric with an Electric Yacht QT10 and a Renogy 3500 watt solar/AC inverter charger.

Christian Pastore

Jun 24, 2024, 7:03:00 PM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Thank you Joe, and hello all.

Tomorrow I drop my boat in the water in Deltaville, Va, after shipping it by truck from Punta Gorda, Fla. No doubt many questions will follow as I look to benefit from your collective experience. I already have an issue with a stripped hole in the mast step bracket for one of the two set bolts, but I think I know what the options are from earlier threads on this subject. The mast has already been stepped so I will not be doing the drilling necessary to rethread the hole, so for the moment I will use very thin edge (1/64") hardwood wedges. After that we will see, depending on how that works. I am impressed by how active this group is!

Christian Pastore
OshKosh, NS22 # 47
Fishing Bay Yacht Club
Deltaville, VA
USA

Joe Valinoti

Jun 24, 2024, 8:57:19 PM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com
You’re lucky, Christian as Ed Strazzini lives in Deltaville.  In regards to that hole, go to the local auto parts store and get a Heli Coil kit for that size which I believe is 5/16.  It will include a tool to install and several inserts.  A quick and EZ fix

Joe Valinoti
S/V iL Gatto NS30U #221
Sea Harbour YC
Oriental, NC USA

~~~~~(\_ ~(\_ ~(\_~~~~~~~~~~

Christian Pastore

Jun 25, 2024, 5:30:30 AM (11 days ago) Jun 25
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Thank you Joe!

I just looked up Ed and he is definitely someone I'd like to meet.

As for the helicoil, that did seem like the long-term fix to me but I'm wondering if there is room to drill, even with a right angle attachment, without removing the bracket. I am also thinking that I cannot do the drilling without lifting the mast out of the bracket for fear of drilling into the mast itself. Am I wrong about that?

Joe Valinoti

Jun 25, 2024, 7:32:47 AM (11 days ago) Jun 25
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com

Ernie Abugov P/O NS22 o/b #56 "Moustaches"

Jun 25, 2024, 8:21:10 AM (11 days ago) Jun 25
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Hi Christian -

Welcome aboard. I owned "Moustaches", an NS 22 O/B #56, from 2012 until 2023. Wonderful, wonderful boats. Comfy but they go like locomotives. I found it a good idea to reef early on this boat. I noticed almost no reduction in boat speed by putting in the first reef.

Regarding this mast business (and most other mechanical issues), Joe knows. Take his advice.

Have a blast with your new boat. You'll not regret this purchase.

Ernie A. in Toronto

Bob Neches (Me Gusta, Nonsuch 26U #233)

Jun 25, 2024, 1:08:32 PM (11 days ago) Jun 25
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Christian,

If you've joined the INA, you have access to mast and rigging advice from the original Nonsuch rigger, Mike Quill.  He's on retainer to give free advice to INA members.

You might want to take advantage of that for your mast questions.

-- Bob
   Me Gusta
   Nonsuch e26U #233
   Looking forward to seeing folks in Toronto: https://nonsuch.org/2024-INA-International-Rendezvous-Status

Christian Pastore

Jun 26, 2024, 4:57:22 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Thanks Joe and Bob for the advice, and Ernie for the welcome. I will watch the video and get in touch with Mike Quill.

Joe Valinoti

Jun 26, 2024, 8:13:32 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to INA Dis Grp
abulbashar3985.com & wolfsm29:  Welcome to the INA Nonsuch Discussion Group. I hope you are members of or will be joining the INA.  Note how we sign our posts with our name, name of boat, where and what it is.
Regards,

Joe Valinoti
S/V iL Gatto NS30U #221
Sea Harbour YC
Oriental, NC USA

~~~~~(\_ ~(\_ ~(\_~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2024 11:21 PM

Joe Valinoti

Jun 26, 2024, 12:51:25 PM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to INA Dis Grp

martin.shaw:  Welcome to the INA Nonsuch Discussion Group.   Note how we sign our posts with our name, name of boat, where and what it is.
Regards,

Joe Valinoti
S/V iL Gatto NS30U #221
Sea Harbour YC
Oriental, NC USA

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2024 9:56 AM

Message from marti...@sympatico.ca

Co-owner of Unicorn III and I joined the association. Thanks!