Disappearing deck stanchion thread and protecting your information

Bob Neches (Me Gusta, Nonsuch 26U #233)

Jun 22, 2024, 6:11:33 PM (14 days ago) Jun 22
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Folks,

The people involved having finished their business, we moderators deleted that thread so that personal information wouldn't stay out on the web.

We strongly urge people to protect their privacy by using the direct contact option if you want to send information to only a few.

To do so,  notice that when you're looking at a thread, you'll see three dots aligned vertically in the upper right hand side of each post, just to the right of the curving arrow you normally click to reply to a post on the discussion group.  If you click on that, you'll see that the first of the options offered is "Reply to Author".

Selecting that will send your message to the author of the specific post, and no one else.  That way, if you're sending information you wouldn't want to tack up on a bulletin board, it's only going to that person.

If you don't look at the discussion group on a desktop or phone browser, but instead look at it via email, then it works differently.  What you need to do then is check the email you send to make sure that it is addressed to the discussion group if you everyone to see it and to the post author if you want only them to see it.

-- Bob
   Me Gusta
   Nonsuch e26U #233
   Looking forward to seeing folks in Toronto:
        https://nonsuch.org/2024-INA-International-Rendezvous-Status