Meeting

Lorraine Du Feu

Aug 19, 2013, 4:08:15 AM8/19/13
to In Stitches, Christine Ashton, luisa gibson
Dear All

We had a very good meeting last Tuesday, with 11 of us (including 4 new members) enjoying Judith's demonstration of how to make bowls out of old tights. Most of us had a go at it and I'm sure there will be some beautiful bowls brought along to the next meeting, which will be, as always now, on the second Tuesday of the month, which is September 10th.

As our theme for this meeting Rose has offered to show us how to make slippers/slipper socks out of old felted woollen fabric such as blankets, so if you have any suitable fabric bring it along. You could have a go at felting an old pure wool knitted garment by machine washing it hot...but remember that most modern wools are superwash and won't felt even if maltreated.

And do bring along your current project to work on, or any finished lovely things that you've recently made to inspire us all.

Lorraine