Meeting tomorrow

Lorraine Du Feu

Oct 7, 2013, 3:44:41 AM10/7/13
to In Stitches, Christine Ashton, luisa gibson
The 2nd Tuesday falls early in the month in October, so we have a meeting scheduled tomorrow. Oddly enough, only one person turned up to the last meeting (after 11 the month before), so I hope some of you are planning to come!

Rose nobly drove over from Winchcombe with a bag of stuff to demonstrate making slippers, but couldn't stay as she had a really nasty cold. Judith and I decided to move Rose's demonstration to this month as it was a bit wasted on two of us! This of course depends on Rose being able to come tomorrow (can you, Rose?). But as always, bring whatever you are working on; it's always inspirational.

I'd also like to bring to your attention the meal that TTC is organising in support of One World Week. This will be on Saturday 19th October at St Marks church hall from 12.30 and will consist of home-made soup (I am making creamy squash and apple) and bread followed by a sweet. All ingredients will be local/seasonal/fairtrade and the meal will be followed by a short Transition Town AGM bringing people up to date with achievements over the year; a good opportunity for everyone to contribute ideas for future activities. There will be a Transition-related bookstall and a plant sale with all kinds of unusual goodies. All the Transition groups will have a stall (which I'd like to discuss at the meeting tomorrow). There is more info on the TTC website www.transitiontowncheltenham.org.uk

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Lorraine