Fwd: Star's

Lorraine Du Feu

Jan 28, 2014, 6:26:55 AM1/28/14
to In Stitches
Happy New Year!

Nobody turned up on the very wet evening of the 14th January - or at least one lady did, but didn't stay as no-one else was here. My fault partly, as I forgot to send out a reminder, and indeed I forgot on the day too, so the knock on the door was unexpected. Oh dear.

So let me remind you that we are attempting (and usually manage) to meet on the second Tuesday evening of the month, so the next meeting will be on Tuesday February 11th, 7.30pm at 34 Cudnall Street, unless anyone else would like to offer their house?

It would be nice for as many as possible to meet then as if you read what I'm forwarding you will see that we could have a joint project! I've not replied to the message yet, but would like to suggest that we could all make a block for a star quilt so they have something lovely to auction. Star pattern is one of the simplest designs and I think this would be fun to do. We've masses of suitable fabric and could have a pleasant time rummaging through it to sort out a colour scheme. I have several patchwork books with templates.

What do you think? If in favour I will send an email round the main transition group to see if we can recruit any more people.

Lorraine