Marketing Ideas

1 view

jsprague

Apr 16, 2010, 8:42:12 PM4/16/10
to In-Portal Marketing Team
Hello,

I just wanted to contribute some thoughts that I think will help In-
Portal's market presence.

For starters, I have discovered that In-Portal's presence in software
directories could use a lot of work as many directories have over 100
CMS solutions listed and In-Portal is buried in the mix. Here are some
examples of what I am referring to:

1) http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Homepage_Communities/
Listed here, but need more ratings to get up toward the top.

2) http://www.hotscripts.com/listing/in-portal-cms-possibilities-are-endless-winter-sale-save-25-percent/
Listed here, but in the Licensing and Pricing section, there are a
bunch of &#45. Get more reviews from existing customers.

4) http://www.scriptsbank.com/cgi-bin/links/search.cgi?query=in-portal&catid=9
In-Link (old version) is listed here, but not in-portal

3) Not listed here:
http://www.opensourcescripts.com/index.html
http://gscripts.net/free-php-scripts/CMS_Scripts.html

4) http://www.scripts.com/php-scripts/portal-software/inportal-website-management-system/
Somebody has spammed the rating system here and given you a 1 star
rating.

There are a ton of these types of directories and I would recommend
making sure you are listed correctly in all of them and see if you can
encourage your users to add ratings as I have just done. The only way
I was able to find In-Portal on any of these sites was searching by
the name, which does you no good if a person hasn't heard of In-
Portal. If you could at least get listed on the first page of listings
on some of these sites, that should really help. In some cases, you
may be able to purchase a sponsored listing which would put you at the
top.

Make sure the keyword CMS is used in the title and/or description on
these sites. Make sure the versions listed on these sites is current
and the last update date if there is one. For example, one of your
listings said version 1.1 and last updated in 2005. This will make
people think this project is dead.

Another idea I had was to list each module separately on these sites
for more exposure. For example, In-Bulletin could go in the PHP Forums
categories, In-News in the news scripts section, In-Portal would
remain in the CMS categories, etc.

That's all I have at the moment, but will add more later.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 17, 2010, 1:42:11 AM4/17/10
to in-portal...@googlegroups.com
Hi guy,

thank you for your detailed message. I'm myself trying to put in-portal on local listings in France, on special listing types where visitors can ask for a quote to many devl.eloppers at one time, choosing the software platform by their own. I think it's a good idea to join software and developpers on the same platform, avoiding to use a web listing + a coder market place. They call this an opensource market.

For info the website is http://devis-solutions-opensources.123presta.com/ (only in french), £I've contacted them a wait for their reply.

Phil.

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 17, 2010, 9:31:52 PM4/17/10
to in-portal...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jason,

Thanks for your post and thoughts here!

The information you have posted here is VERY helpful and critical to In-Portal and Community. I kind of suspected it to be like this since it's been a while we have advertised or properly updated our information on these type of resources. This happens mostly due to lack of time devoted to the Marking while most of the time is put toward the actual development. The truth is - it's really hurts us in the end which is why we have started this Group.

I guess it's time to get wheels in motion. Here is what I propose we do here (in this topic):

1. Create new description for In-Portal CMS and each module.

2. Create list of all Directories we want to be listed (including already listed ones). I say everyone post here or possibly in a separate Discussion (in this group) so this one stays clean and focused on the main task.

3. Submit (update) in selected directories. This would be a final step.

Please post your thoughts here.

Cheers!

DA (Dmitry)