Language packs for german translation

1 view

optoad

Mar 30, 2011, 11:54:02 AM3/30/11
to In-Portal Localization Team
Hi all,

can anyone send me the eglish files for translation into German?

Want to start this week.

Regards,

Thomas

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Mar 30, 2011, 1:25:51 PM3/30/11
to in-port...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas,

welcome to our group :)

you can find latest lang pack here :

Feel free to ask any question about translation how-to, file formats... I'll be pleased to answer.

Phil.

Dmitry Andrejev

Mar 30, 2011, 1:39:38 PM3/30/11
to in-port...@googlegroups.com
Hi and Welcome on board Thomas!

I am going to update Language packs that Phil referred to as soon as tomorrow and include the ones with PLAIN text translation so you can translate directly in the file if you wish without installing In-Portal.

Cheers!

Dmitry
--

Best regards,

Dmitry A.

t...@utb.cc

Mar 30, 2011, 2:45:41 PM3/30/11
to in-port...@googlegroups.com

Hi Phil,

Hi Dimitry,

thank you for welcome me in this group.

I download from the link phil send, but it was just crypted J

Plain Text would be nice.

We are a midsize IT Company and we install this script for sure to test the correct translation.

After that we look forward to set up the german userguide and adminguide J

Maybe you can send me the PLAIN text directly if you don´t want to publish them.

Cheers,

Thomas

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Mar 30, 2011, 3:04:12 PM3/30/11
to in-port...@googlegroups.com
Thomas,

I'd like to add some usefull infos about langpacks:

- once imported to inportal, they can be exported in plain text or encrypted

- langpack also contains all emails translations (emails sent automatically by system, such as registration, lost password, order confirmation and so on)

- each installed langpack can be used for front-end and/or back-office

- you can edit and create lang. elements (phrases or emails) of each installed langpack, directly from in-portal admin panel, under "Phrases" and "Emails" sub menu in "Structure and Data" menu

We refer to "phrases" when we talk about translation, and label to talk about the corresponding label, used in theme to display a phrase.

Labels always start by "la_" for admin phrases and "lu_" for front-end phrases. For example, if you translate only "lu_" phrases, you'll create a front-end langpack (and there is a lot more labels for admin panel than for front-end, then it could be usefull to translate other langs you need just for front end).

Phil.