In-Portal Process Flow Diagram

Phil

May 30, 2010, 3:30:40 PM5/30/10
to In-Portal Developers Guide Team
Hello guys,

I came to this diagram : http://guide.in-portal.org/eng/images/a/a7/In-Portal-Basic-Process-Flow.jpg
and I didn't understoud the step "Error During Event Processing": if
there is an error (output: yes) then inportal "Process the template",
and if there's no error (output: no), it "perform a redirect to same
template with no event"?

Phil.

Dmitry Andrejev

May 30, 2010, 6:13:17 PM5/30/10
to in-port...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

When you perform some action like Register, Login and so on you actually submit an Event to In-Portal. In case if some Event validation fails (ie. field is missing or something else)  In-Portal will display the SAME template you saw before in order to highlight the error fields. In case if event is successful it performs the auto-redirect to some other page (if required of course). Note that Redirect is seamless and not noticed by users. The purpose of redirect is so user can't submit the same Event more then one if they click refresh in their browser for example.

Let me know if it's clear enough.

Thanks.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

May 30, 2010, 6:34:51 PM5/30/10
to in-port...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dmitry,

this is clear, and then I think there's an error in the diagram, because the action to display the same template on error is on the "no error" output. Or maybe I don't understand how the diagram works :$

Phil.

Alexander Obuhovich

May 31, 2010, 12:51:29 AM5/31/10
to in-port...@googlegroups.com

What exacty didn't you understand in sentences you've listed?

Alexander Obuhovich

May 31, 2010, 3:09:27 AM5/31/10
to in-port...@googlegroups.com
It's default behavior to redirect to same template after successful event execution. On the other hand each event (depending on it's purpose) could change the actual template, where redirect goes. For example during user registration template is changed to thank you page inside "u:OnCreate" event.

Diagram only displays default (not specific) event process flow.
--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com