Folder structure under /system/cache folder

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 24, 2012, 6:43:48 AM12/24/12
to Development In-Portal
Right now In-Portal stores all sorts of information under /system/cache folder. Logs also were stored there before /system/.restricted folder was created.

I'm proposing to create sub-folders under /system/cache folder for every type of information, that can be cached. This would allow developers not only quickly see if a specific caches are filled-in, but also quickly reset them when needed.

Here is folder structure I'm proposing:
  • /system/cache/templates
  • /system/cache/minified
Later we can add more folders once we have a need. For example we can cache unit config files in /system/cache/unit_configs folder.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil

Dec 24, 2012, 7:00:39 AM12/24/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I like this idea

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Dmitry A.

Dec 25, 2012, 4:13:28 PM12/25/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I like the idea, but we should think more thoughroly what will go in these and other folders that we'll have right after converting to this.

/system/cache/templates (admin or front)
/system/cache/minified (what goes here)

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 26, 2012, 4:14:22 AM12/26/12
to Development In-Portal
/system/cache/templates (admin or front)

I see no need to specially separate Admin and Front-End template since they current location (e.g. themes/theme_name and modules/module_name/admin_templates) is already present in current /system/cache folder and I doubt, that they ever will overlap.

/system/cache/minified (what goes here)

Other piece of info, that is stored right now at /system/cache folder - minified JS/CSS files from both Front-End and Admin Console.
Maybe naming folder "minified_resources" will make more sense.

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Dmitry A. <dand...@gmail.com> wrote:
/system/cache/templates (admin or front)

Dmitry A.

Dec 27, 2012, 12:20:18 AM12/27/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Sure, it looks good - thanks for explaining.

I think /system/cache/minified is enough to know what's inside.

Are we ready for a task here in 5.3.0 here?

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 27, 2012, 2:53:37 AM12/27/12
to Development In-Portal