Modular approach to site domains functionality

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 15, 2010, 6:54:45 AM4/15/10
to In-Portal Development
We have developed site domain functionality for 5.1.0 release (not yet commited, but patch available). It mostly changes in-portal, but also partially changes in-commerce data like payment types and currencies.

I propose, that we create separate tab for each module, with site domain settings, that are specific to individual module. Alternatively we could create "Properties" tab (like for Section editing), where fields are included from all system modules via m_ModuleInclude tag.

Also in-commerce-related fields in site domain are inserted via core module install_schema.sql file, which is not so good.

Of course new fields will be added to site domain via OnAfterConfigRead event, but site domain object is used in the middle of kApplication class initialization, so maybe we need to call kDBItem::defineFields() or something like that to update existing site domain object.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 16, 2010, 6:18:38 PM4/16/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Alex, I fully support the idea of creating Module depended Tabs for Site Domains.

Sounds like it's good that we have NOT committed just yet since you need to rework some thing now.

Others are welcome to post their opinion here too.

DA.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 17, 2010, 2:08:38 AM4/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
as site domain can be of many importance for users who use it, I agree to manage it separatly, and may these special tabs could have access restriction, to prevent standard admin users to do any error which could affect a big part of the website.

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 17, 2010, 8:34:45 PM4/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Phil - this will be done via the same System Preset functionality that we have already in place.

Alex, please don't forget to update the TASK so you can come back and work on it once ready.

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 18, 2010, 6:47:22 AM4/18/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com