Logical changes on user registration/my profile forms

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 17, 2011, 4:16:07 AM8/17/11
to In-Portal Development
In-Portal these 2 fields (among other fields) in PortalUser table:
  • Email
Login field is translated everywhere on forms, like "Username" plus actual login can be performed by Email too, but it's never indicated, so users don't know about it.
Also, when "Registration By Email" is enabled, then Login/Username field is hidden from a form completely. But maybe user want to enter his username just in case (e.g. for nice mod-rewrite url building scheme).

Based on described above I'm proposing:
  1. rename PortalUser.Login to PortalUser.Username field in database + change phrase name "la_fld_Login" to "la_fld_Username" accordingly
  2. don't hide Username (former Login) field from registration/my profile forms, when "Registration By Email" option is turned on
  3. rename "Use Emails As Login" configuration setting name to "Registration By E-mail" or something similar to be more user friendly

Changes are to be applied into In-Portal 5.2.x branch I suppose.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 17, 2011, 4:32:10 AM8/17/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I fully agree here, I always used tricks in theme to achieve this :)

Dmitry A.

Aug 20, 2011, 5:08:09 PM8/20/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I agree with proposed solution.

Alex, please create a task for this in 5.2.0

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 24, 2011, 4:28:26 AM8/24/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com