Find good Menu replacement for nlsMenu

Dmitry A.

Jul 30, 2009, 8:37:00 PM7/30/09
to In-Portal Development
Hello mates!

We came across the licensing issue when we can't use nlsMenu in future
In-Portal so we've begun a search for replacement - any options will
be considered.

These are a few requirements that we need to follow:

1. JS, but fully Search Engine Friendly.

In a perfect world it should be based on LI and A elements, but run on
JavaScript.

2. Highly Customizable.

Can be used as Horizontal as well as Vertical website menu. Full
support of CSS and good custom options/settings.

3. Open Source.

Menu script can be used in other Open Source as well as Commercial
scripts. Normally it would be ANYTHING under open source licenses like
GPL, LGPL or similar.

By the way, we love JQuery and will consider any good options based on
it.

We would appreciate your input on this.

And... thanks for participating!

Dmitry A.

Ilya Bernshteyn

Jul 31, 2009, 7:11:18 PM7/31/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I looked through jquery...there are so many menus and seems like some could be good for one situation and others for another (based on the demos).  In either case, how about this one? http://plugins.jquery.com/project/mbMenu or something like this http://plugins.jquery.com/project/fademenu

Ilya

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 1, 2009, 8:08:41 AM8/1/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com