Transit template for Admin Console

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 13, 2012, 8:28:17 AM12/13/12
to Development In-Portal
Sometimes (very rarely in fact) there is a need to create a link that will point to Admin Console.

For example link to view/edit a user by given id.

This is quite hard to perform because of:
  • nobody maybe logged-in into Admin Console before using a link
  • specified template will be opened instead of a frameset
I'm proposing to create tag called m_TransitLink, that would build a link to a new login-required template called transit.tpl and actual link would be stored in "next_template" parameter.

If user isn't logged-in, then it will be redirected (from transit.tpl) to login.tpl automatically and then will be returned to transit.tpl. Once user is logged-in redirect will occur to final template.

Phil

Dec 19, 2012, 4:10:07 AM12/19/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
interesting. would work finally the same way as front-end template does with m_RequireLogin. Why can't we use this tag in admin too?

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 19, 2012, 4:46:02 AM12/19/12
to Development In-Portal
Which tag?

Phil

Dec 19, 2012, 4:53:13 AM12/19/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
m_RequireLogin

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 19, 2012, 8:50:35 AM12/19/12
to Development In-Portal
This tag is widely used in Admin Console to prevent unauthorized access to any of pages before user isn't logged-in.

Phil

Dec 19, 2012, 9:50:33 AM12/19/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
ok, so how the new tag you propose will differ? I'll be used in another context? Just want to get your idea :)

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 20, 2012, 4:35:49 AM12/20/12
to Development In-Portal
Yes, this is another tag + template, that internally will use m_RequireLogin.

Phil

Dec 20, 2012, 6:05:29 AM12/20/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
ok, got it :)

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Dmitry A.

Dec 23, 2012, 3:09:37 PM12/23/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

I support the idea, but may be we should call it m_AdminTransitLink then? so it's more specific on where and what we are transiting?

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 23, 2012, 4:36:11 PM12/23/12
to Development In-Portal
Maybe. The project, that I were hoping to developer this for suddenly changed course and decided to use Front-End instead of Admin for a particular task. This slightly decreases chances of this feature to be implemented in near future.

Dmitry A.

Dec 24, 2012, 12:53:18 AM12/24/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Sure, we can at least agree on the name and probably come back when it's active again - which actually means we don't have lots of use for this right now anyway.

DA