Reordering columns in grids

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 4, 2013, 6:44:18 AM1/4/13
to Development In-Portal
Right now default column order in grid derives from column position in grid definition in unit config.

Sometimes when in a custom project there is a need to add new column between 2 other columns developer need to copy-paste current grid definition and add new column into a copy. This way after upgrade any new column added to a grid by module developer won't be present.

I'm proposing to add 'priority' setting for each grid column.

Pros: allows to add new columns in any position in the grid
Cons: need to specify for all existing & new grids by hand

Phil

Jan 4, 2013, 7:02:08 AM1/4/13
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
3 years later, here is the reborn of this thread https://groups.google.com/d/topic/in-portal-dev/bZqULeNpMIc/discussion :)

I still think it's an elegant, professional grade and really web 2.0 solution.

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 4, 2013, 9:11:16 AM1/4/13
to Development In-Portal
Not exactly. Here I'm talking about a way for developer to place a column into a specific position in existing grid without need from a end user to drag it.

Right now all columns are added to the end of existing grids, but sometimes we need more control.

Phil

Jan 4, 2013, 9:46:16 AM1/4/13
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
but this could be related: developers could use this system to drag and drop columns, and maybe lock them to prevent any change, via another config value.

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 4, 2013, 4:54:47 PM1/4/13
to Development In-Portal
Maybe. Anyway any UI changes is to be made only during mass Admin Console UI changes to be made in this and upcoming years.

Please post only information directly related to proposed solution here. E.g. does this makes sense or if it doesn't then why is that.

Dmitry A.

Jan 4, 2013, 4:57:55 PM1/4/13
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Yes, it does make sense. We have this task (about specific order) almost every project.

DA

Phil

Jan 4, 2013, 4:58:30 PM1/4/13
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Ok. for me, it doesn't make sense to move filter away from top column, and it doesn't make sense to create a fuzzy stuff if we can add a well-used and well-known asterisk trick to search for a blank record.

Envoyé avec Sparrow