Display notice on change log list, when change log feature is disabled

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 10, 2010, 6:58:40 AM6/10/10
to In-Portal Development
I propose we display notice (red, like "search filter in effect") above change log list, when change log is not enabled via configuration. We could also tell, that user must enable "la-la-la" variable in configuration to start change log tracking.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry Andrejev

Jun 10, 2010, 10:44:27 AM6/10/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Yes, I like the idea.

Here is the message:

Change log is currently disabled. Turn on "Track database changes to change log" setting to enabled it.

Clear enough?

Also, which release this should go to?

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 10, 2010, 2:39:27 PM6/10/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
This is feature, and we are not accepting features to 5.1.0, so you will see it not earlier, then 5.2.0 comes out.

We could rearrange words in this feature description to make it look like bug and then will be in 5.1.1 release.

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 10, 2010, 2:56:47 PM6/10/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com

Dmitry Andrejev

Jun 10, 2010, 5:05:26 PM6/10/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I would treat it as bug since it's more suitable for 5.1.1 in my opinion.

DA.