Add ability to hide site name from top frame in administrative console

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 15, 2010, 7:26:42 AM1/15/10
to In-Portal Development
I propose to add ability to hide site name from top frame in administrative console. In some cases site logo already includes it's name so two site names doesn't look too good together (even in opposite frame sides as for now).

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.org
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry A.

Jan 15, 2010, 10:56:10 AM1/15/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Hi Alex,

I think we should post in Designs & Interfaces and explain why we
thing it's useful, however it's up to them to decide on that we can
just Vote there if needed.

Also quick screenshot for better understanding would be useful.

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 15, 2010, 1:59:36 PM1/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Here is screenshot.

site_name_in_top_frame.png

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Jan 15, 2010, 2:12:46 PM1/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it's kind of small screenshot, hard to understand...

I am trying to understand what is the leftside of that top frame of yours.

I am looking at Demo http://demo.in-portal.com/admin/

DA.

With best regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 15, 2010, 2:42:52 PM1/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Screenshot is from right bottom corner of top frame. It's only place, where site name is displayed. In case demo site it's "Techno-funky Gadgets" phrase.

Dmitry A.

Jan 15, 2010, 3:43:04 PM1/15/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Okay, I see your point.

I guess it's just matter how we do this more effectively. Little
setting, do we really want to add new records to the Config table?

DA.

On Jan 15, 1:42 pm, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Screenshot is from right bottom corner of top frame. It's only place, where
> site name is displayed. In case demo site it's "Techno-funky Gadgets"
> phrase.
>

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Dmitry V. Andrejev <dandre...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> >  Sorry, it's kind of small screenshot, hard to understand...
>
> > I am trying to understand what is the leftside of that top frame of yours.
>

> > I am looking at Demohttp://demo.in-portal.com/admin/

> > DA.
>
> > On 1/15/2010 12:59 PM, Alexander Obuhovich wrote:
>
> > Here is screenshot.
>

> > On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Dmitry A. <dandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Alex,
>
> >> I think we should post in Designs & Interfaces and explain why we
> >> thing it's useful, however it's up to them to decide on that we can
> >> just Vote there if needed.
>
> >> Also quick screenshot for better understanding would be useful.
>
> >> DA.

> >> administrative
> >> for

> >> --

> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/in-portal-dev?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > Best Regards,
>
> >http://www.in-portal.org
> >http://www.alex-time.com

> > --
> > With best regards,
>
> > Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 15, 2010, 4:35:44 PM1/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
No new records. As I've mentioned in my original post this will be new field in Skins table, where admin color settings are defined.

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Jan 15, 2010, 4:44:18 PM1/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I am all for it!

I would recommend adding it to 5.1.0 at this point.

--
With best regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 15, 2010, 4:55:30 PM1/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Of course, that's why I'm writing In-Portal Development instead of bugs.

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 27, 2010, 6:56:32 PM3/27/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com